Στα πλαίσια του Έργου SPILEF που υποστηρίζεται από το ΕΛΙΔΕΚ (FRI-FM17-0320) και σε συνεργασία με το ΠΜΣ του Τμήματος Οικονομικών Επιστημών, διοργανώνεται ερευνητικό σεμινάριο με προσκεκλημένο εισηγητή τον καθηγητή Marco Vivarelli, Professor at the Catholic University of Milano, Director of the Department of Economic Policy. Το σεμινάριο έχει τίτλο “Embodied and disembodied technological change: the sectoral patterns of job-creation and job-destruction” και θα λάβει χώρα την Τετάρτη 3 Νοεμβρίου 2021 και ώρα 12:00-14:00 στην Αίθουσα Εκδηλώσεων της Βιβλιοθήκης και Κέντρου Πληροφόρησης του Πανεπιστημίου Πατρών. Υπάρχει η δυνατότητα και διαδικτυακής παρακολούθησης στον σύνδεσμο:
Meeting ID: 967 1733 8679
Ακολουθεί περίληψη της ομιλίας και σύντομο βιογραφικό σημείωμα του εισηγητή.
Embodied and disembodied technological change: the sectoral patterns of job-creation and job-destruction
This study addresses, both theoretically and empirically, the sectoral patterns of job creation and job destruction in order to distinguish the alternative effects of embodied vs disembodied technological change operating into a two-sector economy. Disembodied technological change turns out to positively affect employment dynamics in the “upstream” sectors, while expansionary investment does so in the “downstream” industries. However, these labour-friendly impacts are barely significant from a statistical point of view. Conversely, the replacement of obsolete capital vintages tends to exert a negative impact on labour demand and this effect turns out to be highly significant.
ΣΥΝΤΟΜΟ ΒΙΟΓΡΑΦΙΚΟ ΣΗΜΕΙΩΜΑ ΤΟΥ ΟΜΙΛΗΤΗ
Marco Vivarelli, (https://sites.google.com/site/mvivarel/), Ph.D. in Economics and Ph.D. in Science and Technology Policy, is full professor at the Catholic University of Milano, where he is also Director of the Department of Economic Policy. He is member of the Academia Europaea.
He is Professorial Fellow at UNU-MERIT, Maastricht; Research Fellow at IZA, Bonn; Fellow of the Global Labor Organization (GLO). He is member of the Scientific Executive Board of the Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES, Istanbul); member of the International Board of the Austrian Institute of Economic Research (WIFO, Vienna) and has been scientific consultant for the International Labour Office (ILO), World Bank (WB), the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the European Commission.
He is Editor-in-Chief of the Eurasian Business Review, Editor of Small Business Economics, Associate Editor of Industrial and Corporate Change, Co-Editor of Economics E-Journal, member of the Editorial Board of Sustainability, Member of the Editorial Review Board of International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal and he has served as referee for more than 100 international journals.
He is author/editor of various books and his papers have been published in journals such as Cambridge Journal of Economics, Canadian Journal of Economics, Economics Letters, Industrial and Corporate Change, International Journal of Industrial Organization, Journal of Economics, Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Journal of Population Economics, Journal of Productivity Analysis, Labour Economics, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Regional Studies, Research Policy, Small Business Economics, Southern Economic Journal, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, World Bank Research Observer, World Development.
His current research interests include Economics of Innovation and Industrial Organization issues. Here below some selected publications published in the last 3 years:
- Montobbio, F. - Staccioli, J. - Virgillito, M. - Vivarelli, M. (2021), Robots and the origin of their labour saving impact, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, forthcoming.
- Dawid, H. - Pellegrino, G. - Vivarelli, M. (2021), The role of demand in fostering product vs process innovation: a model and an empirical test, Journal of Evolutionary Economics, forthcoming, doi:10.1007/s00191-020-00695-3
- Ugur, M.- Vivarelli, M. (2021), Innovation, firm survival and productivity: The state of the art, Economics of Innovation and New Technology, 30, 433-467.
- Dosi, G. - Piva, M.- Virgillito, M. - Vivarelli, M. (2021) Embodied and disembodied technological change: the sectoral patterns of job-creation and job-destruction, Research Policy, 50 (4), 10419.
- Arouri, H. - Youssef, A.B - Quatraro, F. - Vivarelli, M. (2020) Drivers of Growth in Tunisia: Young Firms vs Incumbents, Small Business Economics, 54, 323–340 .
-Barbieri, L. - Piva, M. - Vivarelli, M. (2019), R&D, Embodied Technological Change and Employment: Evidence from Italian Microdata, Industrial and Corporate Change, 28, 203-218.
- Castellani, D. - Schubert, T. - Piva, M. - Vivarelli, M. (2019), R&D and Productivity in the US and the EU: Sectoral Specificities and Differences in the Crisis, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 138, 279-291.