Το ερευνητικό έργο SPILEF οργανώνει Workshop με τίτλο "New technologies, eco-innovation, and productivity: Does Innovation Efficiency matter?" στις 18 και 19 Οκτωβρίου 2022 στην Τεχνόπολη Αθηνών.
Ακολουθεί η πρόσκληση για υποβολή εργασιών με προθεσμία 10 Ιουλίου 2022.
Το έργο χρηματοδοτείται από το Ελληνικό Ίδρυμα Έρευνας & Καινοτομίας ( ΕΛ.ΙΔ.Ε.Κ.) με κωδικό HFRI-FM17-0320.
WORKSHOP-CALL FOR PAPERS
New technologies, eco-innovation, and productivity:
Does Innovation Efficiency matter?
18th and 19th October 2022
Hosting Institution: University of Patras, Department of Economics, SPILEF Research Project (https://spilef.upatras.gr)
Before the pandemic, ICT related innovations, recent technological advancements in AI and robotics and green innovations were considered major factors driving economic and societal evolutions. These trends were tremendously intensified during covid period. New ways of organizing economic activities, new business models, new forms of labor organization and of social and interpersonal interactions have emerged, affecting not only the everyday life, but moreover, determining trajectories for the economic system.
Concurrently, under the pressure of climate change and the need for sustainable growth paths, firms, regions, and countries are heading progressively towards the reengineering of their processes and operations, to enable the embodiment of new technologies which minimize the corresponding environmental footprint. In this vein, the exploitation of technological opportunities, to fulfill environmental objectives enriches the corresponding innovation portfolios at micro-, meso- and macro- level.
Since the decision to adopt new technologies and/or green technologies, is at least to some extent, externally enforced on the economic units, the question which arises, is about the yields of resources devoted to the development and adoption of innovations. A new approach of the innovation efficiency context is therefore needed, to see whether and how productivity gains occur and how they can be distributed among economic agents and within the society in general.
In this general framework we welcome submissions within the following research agenda:
- Innovation, productivity, and firm performance
- New concepts of innovation efficiency and emerging social needs
- The impact of new technologies and/or eco-innovation on economic resilience at firm, industry, region, and country level
- The impact of AI, robot and eco-innovation on employment, skills and new forms of labour
- Eco-innovation and energy transition
- New forms of competition at the micro-, meso- and macro- level
- Industrial, innovation and regional policies for digital transformation, climate change and social cohesion
The venue of the workshop will be at Technopolis Innovathens, Athens, Greece and will span over two days; each presenter will be assigned a discussant and there will be room for Q&A from the audience.
- Prof. Elena Cefis, University of Bergamo
- Prof. Pierre Mohnen, UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University
- July 10th, 2022: Deadline for submission of the extended abstract
- July 20th, 2022: Notification of acceptance by the scientific committee
- October 10th, 2022: Deadline for submission of the full paper (for the discussant)
- October 18th, 2022: Start of the Workshop
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying that you wish to participate to the Workshop. Please list your co-authors (if any) and attach either a full paper or a 2/3 pages extended abstract.
- Prof. Kostas Tsekouras (University of Patras, Greece)
- Prof. Pierre Mohnen, (UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University, Netherlands)
- Prof. Marco Vivarelli (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milano, Italy)
This workshop is held by the University of Patras under the Research Project: “SPILEF” which is supported by the Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation (H.F.R.I.). Project Number: HFRI-FM17-0320.